For a raw vegan taste of Mexico, give this delicious taco recipe a try! It features a blend of classic Mexican vegetables, salad fruits and spicy salsa atop fresh and crispy Romaine lettuce leaves.
Raw Tomato Salsa: (Makes around 2 cups)
1.5 cups finely chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 tsp chopped raw jalapeno pepper (with seeds)
1/8 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
Dash of sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Raw Taco Filling:
1 cob of sweet corn
1 small avocado, chopped
1 small tomato, chopped
2 small baby sweet peppers, chopped
1/2 stalk celery, chopped finely
1 tbsp hemp hearts
Salt, pepper and lime juice to taste.
(1) Prepare salsa by mixing ingredients in a bowl or gently grinding in a molcajete. Store 1.75 cups for later, and set the remaining 1/4 cup aside for this recipe. Makes around 2 cups.
(2) Cut corn off cob and place in bowl.
(3) Add the other taco filling ingredients and a tablespoon of salsa to the bowl. Massage with hands to mix the ingredients and mash the avocado chunks.
(4) Place the Romaine leaves together on a serving plate in a desirable pattern.
(5) Spoon taco filling carefully into the lettuce leaves along the spine. Take any extra filling and place at the base of the leaves.
(6) Take the salsa that was set aside, and drip it along each of the tacos and on top of the extra filling.
(7) Serve fresh.
For more delightful raw vegan recipes like this one, please check out Raw From The Garden's website at www.RawFromTheGarden.com today! Also, Raw From The Garden's featured living food chef and recipe book author Alice Dee is now available for interviews, book signings, talks and weekend workshops this year on the Raw Vegan Diet and Cuisine. Contact her here to make a booking.