Here’s a nutritious and calorie-dense raw vegan protein snack bar recipe you can take with you for extra energy while on the go, eat as a high calorie snack, or consume after a workout for a decent protein boost. When still soft, the mixture for these bars can also be used as a crust for making raw fruit pies.
1/2 cup Raw Walnuts
1/2 cup Raw Almonds
1/4 cup Raw Cashews
1/4 cup raw sesame seeds
1/4 cup raw Hemp Seeds
1/4 cup raw green pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
1 cup of pitted dates
1 tsp ground dried vanilla bean
1 tsp ground cinnamon bark
1/4 tsp dried ground nutmeg
2 pinches Himalayan pink or sea salt
1. Process walnuts and almonds in a food processor until you get to a fine consistency. Place in a mixing bowl with the other ingredients except for the dates and set aside.
2. Process dates after pitting them until they form a paste.
3. Add all other ingredients to the processed dates in the food processor bowl.
4. Process ingredients together until they again form a paste with small chunks.
5. Line a square Pyrex glass dish with wax paper. The wax paper lining should make it easier to extract the bars from the dish once they are ready.
6. Push mixture down evenly into the Pyrex dish on top of the wax paper using your hands and smooth the top with a wet spatula or by pressing down on another sheet of wax paper.
7. Refrigerate for several hours or longer for extended storage.
8. Cut into bars with a serrated knife and serve.
For more fully raw vegan recipes like this one, please visit www.RawFromTheGarden.com today!
Update: Raw From The Garden's featured living food chef and recipe book author Alice Dee will be teaching a series of delicious weekend retreat workshops this coming summer and fall on using the "Raw Vegan Cuisine for Healing and Weight Loss" at beautiful Spirit Lake Hermitage in Northern California. Click here for more details and the event dates.