This tangy raw pineapple salsa has lots of vitamin C and other sweet and spicy flavors that make a delicious and healthy combination when served on the side of a main dish or as an appetizer with cucumber slices and/or dehydrated flax seed crackers.
½ ripe pineapple, cut lengthwise.
¼ medium sized red onion, chopped finely.
2 medium sized jalapeno pepper, chopped finely.
1 medium sized green bell pepper, chopped finely.
1 Roma tomato, chopped finely.
¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves.
(1) Cut off the top of the pineapple.
(2) Carefully run a knife in a circle around the inside of the pineapple half an inch away from the skin while being careful not to penetrate the skin.
(3) Once you've cut all the way around, cut the inside part across twice, thereby making four pieces.
(4) Use a big and sturdy spoon to carefully scoop out the inside pieces, leaving the exterior of the pineapple an intact half-shell.
(5) Cut off the tough fibrous core portion of the pineapple’s interior pieces, and chop the softer part into small chunks.
(6) Mix the chopped pineapple in with the other ingredients in a mixing bowl and squeeze gently to mix the flavors. Marinate the mixture for 10 minutes in its own juices.
(7) Place the salsa in the hollowed out pineapple shell and serve.
If you wish to get more raw vegan recipes like this, please check out Raw From The Garden's website at:
Update: Raw From The Garden's featured living food chef and recipe book author Alice Dee will be teaching a series of delicious weekend retreat workshops this coming summer and fall on using the "Raw Vegan Cuisine for Healing and Weight Loss" at beautiful Spirit Lake Hermitage in Northern California. Click here for more details and the event dates.